If you\'ve been contacted by a suspicious email account, read our advice about how to keep your device and information secure. Find out more
We hope you will enjoy using the All Electric Garages website, (AEG), and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our website works, what data we collect from you, how we use it, conditions where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure. By using our website, you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
All Electric Garages ("All Electric Garages", "we" and "us"), (AEG), takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the United Kingdom Data Protection Act of 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018. We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z5821713 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information that we collect, why we collect it and how we use it.
We obtain information about you when you use our website and we also receive information from you, for example when you are viewing vehicles or making online bookings. We need this information to enable us to provide our online services and where appropriate, our in-branch services booked through the website. This section sets out in more detail what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how long we keep your information.
- To make an online Service, MOT or Repair booking, we require your name, contact information and vehicle details. This information is required so that we can arrange your booking and notify you if there are any changes to the booking. You can also specify if you would like this information to be stored in a cookie, so as to avoid repeat typing in subsequent visits. If your car was purchased from All Electric Garages, (AEG), our aftersales system will already have your information and we will send you a yearly service/MOT reminder, as we are contractually obligated to do so. However, if you are an Aftersales Customer only then we will ask you at the point of service whether or not you wish to receive service or MOT reminders and/or general All Electric Garages marketing. If you do not wish to receive these reminders or general marketing then your personal data will be deleted within a year. If you never fulfil your booking then your personal data will be deleted within 1 week.
- When you search our New Car Special Offers or Used Car Stock Locator we may store information on the vehicles you searched for in a cookie so that we can personalise site content.
- We may track what type of vehicles you view so that we can make suggestions and personalise site content.
- We monitor visitor usage patterns to help us continually improve the site.
- If you enter one of our competitions, we require your name, e-mail address and daytime telephone number so we can contact the winner. The competitions are subject to the following terms and conditions. One entry per person. All entrants will be considered, and the winner will be picked at random by the All Electric Marketing team. Winners will be contacted by phone or e-mail after the prize draw. All prizes are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Entrants must be 17 years or older to enter and claim a prize from any of our competitions. Unclaimed prizes may be offered to other competition entrants within 48 hours of first notification to the winner. Competitions run on social media are not endorsed, sponsored, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. If you do not opt in to receive marketing from us then your data will be deleted following the outcome of the prize draw.
- To make an online enquiry and book a test drive we would need your name, contact information and a copy of your driver\'s licence, we will store a copy of this for 6 months, in case of any speeding, parking or any motoring offence that may occur
- Similarly, if you take a courtesy car from our service department then we would require your name, contact information, insurance details and a copy of your driver\'s licence, we will store a copy of this for 6 months, in case of any speeding, parking or any motoring offence that may occur.
- Occasionally, we may use your e-mail address to send you information about changes to this website, we will ask you for permission to do so.
- Phone calls may be recorded, and any recorded calls will be retained for a maximum of 6 months and only be used for training and quality purposes and/or to prevent or detect crime.
- Please be aware that if your online enquiry leads to the purchase of a vehicle from All Electric Garages,(AEG), then at the point of sale (under a contractual obligation) we will collect your full name, address, two contact telephone numbers, date of birth, drivers licence details, payment details, details of the vehicle you are buying and any details of the vehicle you are part exchanging including mileage and MOT information if relevant. Your details will be retained in line with all regulatory laws and for no longer than 7 years. Your details will not be used for marketing purchases unless you have given us permission to contact you in this way.
- If finance is required when purchasing a vehicle, we will be required to collect further details including your marital and housing status, number of dependents, previous address, occupation, employer, business address and bank details as well as a copy of your driver\'s licence, a proof of address (i.e. a utility bill) and any other relevant documentation. This information will be passed by All Electric Garages, (AEG), with your permission to the finance companies and if you are approved for finance the copies of your documentation will be securely shredded after 3 months. Your personal information will be stored on your order form which will be kept for 7 years after which it will be removed.
- If your online enquiry leads you to visit an All Electric Garage (AEG) we use CCTV to monitor all our premises, therefore your image and potentially your vehicle registration will be captured and stored for up to 8 weeks depending on the system used at the branch.
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us and you can select this by ticking the relevant boxes on the form where we collect your information. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If you have agreed to receive marketing from All Electric Garages,(AEG), we may e-mail to inform you of new products available from companies within the All Electric Garages (AEG). If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to email@example.com. Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you have submitted via our contact form.
If you have opted-in to receive marketing material from us, we will use your name and email address to send out this information.
Access to Your Information
You may request, at any time, a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you, at no cost. Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold, please contact us by sending a written request to Customer Services Department, All Electric Garages,(AEG), Birmingham Street Stourbridge DY8 1JE or.
If you wish to have the information the Company holds on your person removed, please request this in writing to Customer Services Department, Customer Services Department, All Electric Garages,(AEG), Birmingham Street Stourbridge DY8 1JE or firstname.lastname@example.org, as long as your information is not pertinent to the completion of a contract or required for any legal reason it will be removed.
If you are concerned that we are not using your information in accordance with the law, or are not satisfied with our response to a request made above, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner\'s Office.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access.
All credit/debit card data taken through our websites is encrypted in accordance with PCI-DSS.
Data Storage and Use of Data Outside of the European Economic Area
We store your data on secure servers inside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Some of our third party contractors are based outside of the EEA however, we have strict control over how and why your data can be accessed. By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your data outside the EEA we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures with the aim that your rights continue to be protected as set out in this policy.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If All Electric Garages,(AEG), or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We work with various third-party providers to help us deliver our products and services, and we only disclose your information as far as is necessary to provide the service. However, we have contracts with third party suppliers we will have completed necessary security checks and full due diligence to ensure that your data is kept safe once passed to the third party. All third parties only have the right to use your data to complete an obligation, they do not have marketing rights over your data. Your data is used including in the following circumstances:
- We may contract a data cleansing organisation to ensure all data is accurate and up to date.
Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We will use encrypted information gathered from the cookies to improve your online experience with All Electric Garages,(AEG).
Some of the cookies we use will expire after you close the browser window. These are called session cookies. Some cookies last longer than this, because they are used to identify return visits to the website.
What cookies we use and why
Types of cookies:
- Session cookies are deleted when you leave our websites. They help keep track of your progress so you don\'t have to enter the same information more than once.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after your browsing session has ended. They will remember settings, preferences and details for the next time you use the websites.
- First party cookies are set by the website owner, i.e. All Electric Garages,(AEG).
- Third party cookies are set by other parties, such as Google and Twitter.
- Necessary cookies are required for the operation of our website.
- Performance or analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, for example, remember your preferences (for example, your postcode in Find a Dealer search).
By continuing to use the website, the user is agreeing to our cookies policy.
We use \'cookies\' to identify you when you visit this website and to keep track of your browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile.